From Your Hostel in Edsa – BGC to
Provincial Bus Stations Avenida and Sampaloc
Avenida or Rizal Avenue can be reached via the Manila Light Rail Transit System or LRT Line 1. From there, the commuter can switch to LRT Line 2 to go to Sampaloc.
- From your hostel, head to EDSA, the main road.
- Walk north, following the direction of the vehicles, and head towards the Estrella Footbridge beside Shell gasoline station.
- Cross the footbridge and exit on the right where you will see the Estrella bus stop.
- From the bus stop, ride a public metro bus with a signboard that says LRT / AYALA (Bus B) and tell the driver to drop you off at the “LRT”.
- This ride will bring you to the LRT Gil Puyat Station.
For Provincial Bus Stations in Avenida:
- From Gil Puyat station, ride the train and alight at Doroteo Jose Station (which is still part of the LRT Line 1). Provincial bus stations for Bataan Transit and Joy Bus can be found just outside the Doroteo Jose train station.
For Provincial Bus Stations in Sampaloc:
- Follow the above instructions and once at Doroteo Jose Station, follow the walkway heading towards LRT Line 2.
- The first station of LRT Line 2 is Recto. Take the train from Recto Station and alight at Legarda Station.
- Below Legarda Station are tricycles (4am -10pm), which you can take to go to provincial bus stations such as Ohayami Trans, GV Florida, Partas and Victory Liner. Just tell the tricycle driver your preferred bus terminal. The fare is 20 Pesos per person / ride.
Public Metro Bus = 12 Pesos
LRT 1 = 20 Pesos
LRT 2 = 15 Pesos
Tricycle = 20 Pesos
TOTAL = 32 – 67 Pesos
Taxi = 300 Pesos or more
Budget Commute Savings = 233 – 268 Pesos ($5 USD) or more