From Your Hostel in Makati to Provincial Bus Stations in Avenida and Sampaloc
Avenida or Rizal Avenue can be reached via the Manila Light Rail Transit System or LRT Line 1. From there, the commuter can switch to LRT Line 2 to go to Sampaloc.
- From your hostel, walk to Makati Avenue, corner Buendia, where the Petron gas station is.
- From the gas station, ride a jeepney with a signboard that says “LRT”. This jeepney will take you all the way to LRT Line 1 Gil Puyat Station.
For Provincial Bus Stations in Avenida:
- Once at Gil Puyat Station, ride the train and alight at Doroteo Jose Station (also part of the LRT Line 1). Provincial bus stations for Bataan Transit and Joy Bus can be found just below the Doroteo Jose train station.
For Provincial Bus Stations in Sampaloc:
- Follow the above instructions and once at Doroteo Jose Station, follow the walkway heading towards LRT Line 2.
- The first station of LRT Line 2 is Recto. Take the train from Recto Station and alight at Legarda Station.
- Below Legarda Station are tricycles (4am -10pm), which you can take to go to provincial bus stations such as Ohayami Trans, GV Florida, Partas and Victory Liner. Just tell the tricycle driver your preferred bus terminal. The fare is 20 Pesos per person / ride.
Jeepney = 7 Pesos
LRT 1 = 20 Pesos
LRT 2 = 15 Pesos
Tricycle = 20 Pesos
TOTAL = 22 – 62 Pesos
Taxi = 300 Pesos or more
Budget Commute Savings = 230 Pesos ($5 USD) or more