From Your Hostel in Old Manila (Malate – Sta. Cruz) to
Provincial Bus Stations Avenida and Sampaloc
Avenida or Rizal Avenue can be reached via the Manila Light Rail Transit System or LRT Line 1. From there, the commuter can switch to LRT Line 2 to go to Sampaloc.
It is very easy to access these bus stations from your hostel as you only need to ride the LRT.
Take note of these LRT stations near your hostel:
Pink Manila Hostel in Vito Cruz – LRT Line 1: Vito Cruz Station
Wanderers Guesthouse in Adriatico – LRT Line 1: Pedro Gil Station
Red Carabao Hostel in Sta. Cruz – LRT Line 1: Abad Santos Station
For Provincial Bus Stations in Avenida:
- From your hostel, head to the nearest LRT Line 1 station (see above) and ride the train all the way to Doroteo Jose Station (part of the LRT Line 1).
- Provincial bus stations for Bataan Transit and Joy Bus can be found just below the Doroteo Jose train station.
For Provincial Bus Stations in Sampaloc:
- Follow the above instructions and once at Doroteo Jose Station, follow the walkway heading towards LRT Line 2.
- The first station of LRT Line 2 is Recto. Take the train from Recto Station and alight at Legarda Station.
- Below Legarda Station are tricycles (4am -10pm), which you can take to go to provincial bus stations such as Ohayami Trans, GV Florida, Partas and Victory Liner. Just tell the tricycle driver your preferred bus terminal. The fare is 20 Pesos per person / ride.
LRT Line 1 From Vito Cruz Station to Doroteo Jose Station = 20 Pesos
LRT Line 1 From Pedro Gil Station to Doroteo Jose Station = 15 Pesos
LRT Line 1 From Abad Santos Station to Doroteo Jose Station = 15 Pesos
LRT Line 2 From Recto Station to Legarda Station = 15 Pesos
Tricycle = 20 Pesos
TOTAL = 15 – 55 Pesos
Taxi = 150 – 250 Pesos or more
Budget Commute Savings = 135 – 235 Pesos ($3-5 USD) or more