From Your Hostel in Old Manila (Malate – Sta. Cruz) to
Provincial Bus Stations Buendia
Buendia (pronouned as Bwen-dee-ya) can be reached via the Manila Light Rail Transit System or LRT Line 1.
Take note of these LRT stations near your hostel:
Pink Manila Hostel in Vito Cruz – LRT Line 1: Vito Cruz Station
Wanderers Guesthouse in Adriatico – LRT Line 1: Pedro Gil Station
Red Carabao Hostel in Sta. Cruz – LRT Line 1: Abad Santos Station
- From your hostel, head to the nearest LRT Line 1 station (see above) and ride the train all the way to Gil Puyat Station.
- Outside the Gil Puyat train station are a number of provincial bus stations.
- When you alight from the train, Jac Liner and Green Star Express are on the right side area.
- As for Jam Liner, exit the station on the left side.
- Once outside, you will see Jam Liner across the street.
LRT Line 1 From Vito Cruz Station to Gil Puyat Station = 15 Pesos
LRT Line 1 From Pedro Gil Station to Gil Puyat Station = 15 Pesos
LRT Line 1 From Abad Santos Station to Gil Puyat Station = 20 Pesos
TOTAL = 15 – 20 Pesos
Taxi = 120 – 300 Pesos or more
Budget Commute Savings = 105 – 280 Pesos ($2-6 USD) or more
- If you’re staying in a hostel along Adriatico, you may take the jeepney with a signboard that says “Buendia LRT” that passes along Adriatico (right outside your hostel).
- And for those staying in Pink Manila Hostel, you may also take the jeepney with the “Buendia LRT” signboard from Starbucks along Taft Avenue corner Ocampo Street.
- Just tell the jeepney driver to drop you off in “Buendia”, where the provincial bus stations are.
- Cost: 7 Pesos only