Before you proceed, please make sure to read the following:
- How to use this website
- Understand Metro Manila
- Types of public transportation in Metro Manila
- How to commute in and around Metro Manila
- Read this to stay safe while commuting in Metro Manila
All the hostels in Makati are in the Poblacion area.
Here’s a Google Map snippet of the Poblacion district. The numbers on the map show where the hostels are located.
1 MNL Boutique Hostel
2 Lokal Hostel
3 The Jeepney House
4 Z Hostel
5 Makati Junction Hostel
6 Our Melting Pot
7 Hilik Hostel
To reach Poblacion, you have to ride a jeepney from Guadalupe (also an area in Makati). This jeepney will stop in various areas along Makati Avenue (sun symbols are marked on the map to show these stops). Based on the above map, you can easily walk to your hostel from the jeepney stops.
The question is, how do you go to Guadalupe from Terminal 4? Follow these instructions:
- Once you exit Terminal 4, head left.
- Walk about 900 meters until you reach the main intersection where you will see Park ‘N’ Fly on your right.
- At Park ‘N’ Fly, you will see a “loading and unloading” area.
- From this area, ride a public metro bus with a signboard that says “Edsa MRT” or “Fairview” (Bus A).
- Tell the bus conductor to drop you off in “Guadalupe”.
- From your drop-off point in Guadalupe, you will see the Guadalupe footbridge.
- Cross this footbridge and exit on the right side.
- The arrow on the photo shows the location of a jeepney station. It’s a small street called “Bernardino” and it’s right beside The Loyola Memorial Chapels & Crematorium (that small building on the left where buses stop). Go to that street from the footbridge.
- Once at Bernardino, you will see parked jeepneys with the word “Ayala” on the signboard.
- Ride this jeepney (5am–10 pm only) and tell the driver to drop you off either at “Valdez”, “General Luna”, “Kalayaan”, or “P. Burgos”, depending on its distance from your hostel (see above map; but do take note that you can walk to your hostel from any of these stops).
Public Metro Bus = 23 Pesos
Jeepney = 7 Pesos
TOTAL = 30 Pesos
Taxi = 500 Pesos or more
Budget Commute Savings = 470 Pesos ($10 USD) or more