Before you proceed, please make sure to read the following:
- How to use this website
- Understand Metro Manila
- Types of public transportation in Metro Manila
- How to commute in and around Metro Manila
- Read this to stay safe while commuting in Metro Manila
The hostels in Old Manila or simply “Manila” are located in three areas:
- Vito Cruz (for Pink Manila Hostel)
- Adriatico (for Wanderers Guesthouse)
- Sta. Cruz (for Red Carabao Manila Hostel)
These hostels can easily be reached via the Manila Light Rail Transit System (LRT) Line 1. The nearest LRT stations to these hostels are:
- LRT Line 1: Vito Cruz Station for Pink Manila Hostel
- LRT Line 1: Pedro Gil Station for Wanderers Guesthouse
- LRT Line 1: Abad Santos Station for Red Carabao Manila Hostel
How do you go to these LRT stations from Terminal 4?
- Exit the gate of Terminal 4 and head right until you reach the intersection (350 meters).
- The intersecting road is “Airport Road” and you will see Petron Gasoline Station to your left as the landmark.
- Once at the intersection, make a left, passing Petron, and walk until you see McDonald’s (250 meters).
Once at McDonald’s, you have 3 options to reach the LRT Line 1 station:
- Ride the Baclaran jeepney and tell the driver to drop you off at the “LRT” (7 Pesos).
- Ride the pedicab and tell the driver to drop you off at the “LRT” (40 Pesos per person / ride).
- Walk about 850 meters to reach the LRT.
Author’s note: I recommend riding the jeepney if it’s not traffic. Riding the pedicab is okay, but it usually fits one person only. Most foreigners in the area prefer to walk – and it’s an interesting walk. If you’re concerned about safety, please refer to our Safety page.
Once at the LRT station, which is “Baclaran”, ride the train and follow these instructions:
For Pink Manila Hostel
- Alight at Vito Cruz station and walk to Ocampo Street (landmark is Jollibee restaurant on the left side).
- From Ocampo, walk about 450 meters until you reach Bautista Street.
- Once at Bautista, make a left and walk until you reach Don Pedro Street (100 meters).
- The hostel is just right at the corner of the streets of Don Pedro and Bautista.
For Wanderers Guesthouse
- Alight at Pedro Gil station.
- From the station, walk six blocks down or 500 meters along Pedro Gil Street (starting point landmark is the Petron gas station on the left side), passing streets such as Ma. Orosa, Bocobo and the Robinsons Place Mall.
- Once you reach Adriatico Street, turn left.
- Walk another 350 meters until you reach Nakpil Street where you will see the hostel near the corner of Nakpil and Adriatico.
For Red Carabao Manila Hostel
- Alight at Abad Santos station.
- Below the station of Abad Santos, you will see parked tricycles (24 hours daily).
- Ride one of the tricycles and tell the driver to drop you off at Red Carabao Manila Hostel (20 Pesos).
Jeepney to LRT Station = 7 Pesos
Pedicab to LRT Station = 40 Pesos
LRT 1 to Vito Cruz Station = 15 Pesos
LRT 1 to Pedro Gil Station = 20 Pesos
LRT 1 to Abad Santos Station = 30 Pesos
TOTAL = 15 – 70 Pesos
Taxi = 500 Pesos or more
Budget Commute Savings = 430 – 485 Pesos ($9-10 USD) or more