Before you proceed, please make sure to read the following:
- How to use this website
- Understand Metro Manila
- Types of public transportation in Metro Manila
- How to commute in and around Metro Manila
- Read this to stay safe while commuting in Metro Manila
All the hostels in Makati are in the Poblacion area.
Here’s a Google Map snippet of the Poblacion district. The numbers on the map show where the hostels are located.
1 MNL Boutique Hostel
2 Lokal Hostel
3 The Jeepney House
4 Z Hostel
5 Makati Junction Hostel
6 Our Melting Pot
7 Hilik Hostel
To reach Poblacion, you have to ride a jeepney from Guadalupe (also an area in Makati). From Guadalupe, this jeepney will stop in various areas along Makati Avenue as shown by the sun symbols on the map. Based on the map, you can easily walk to your hostel from the jeepney stops.
The question is, how do you go to Guadalupe from Terminal 3? Follow these instructions:
- Once outside the arrival area of Terminal 3, walk to your right until you reach the end where you will see a sign that says “HM Shuttle Bus going to Baclaran, Edsa Pasay Taft”.
- Take this airport shuttle bus (no exact time of departure) and inform the driver to drop you off at the MRT (Metro Railway Transit).
Option 2 (if you’re rushing)
- Once you exit Terminal 3, walk to your left.
- Follow the sidewalk until you reach the main road (landmark is a police outpost).
- From the outpost, cross the road and you will see a 711 store.
- In front of 711, you will see jeepneys with a “Nichols” signboard.
- Take this jeepney (leaves when it reaches its passenger capacity / 24 hours a day) and tell the driver to drop you off at the MRT (Metro Railway Transit).
Once at the MRT (Metro Railway Transit)
- The name of the MRT station of your drop-off point, whether by airport shuttle bus or jeepney, is Taft Station.
- From Taft Station, take the northbound train to Guadalupe station.
- After exiting Guadalupe station, you will see Guadalupe Footbridge a few meters ahead (it’s the only outdoor footbridge in the area).
- Cross the Guadalupe footbridge and exit on the right. You will then see The Loyola Memorial Chapels & Crematorium.
- Beside Loyola Memorial is Bernardino Street.
- Go to that street and you will find jeepneys with the word “Ayala” on the signboard.
- Ride this Ayala jeepney (5am–10 pm only) and tell the driver to drop you off either at “Valdez”, “General Luna”, “Kalayaan”, or “P. Burgos”, depending on its distance from your hostel (see above map; but do take note that you can walk to your hostel from any of these stops).
Airport Shuttle Bus = 20 Pesos
Jeepney From Airport to MRT = 7 Pesos
MRT = 16 Pesos
Jeepney From Guadalupe To Hostel Stops = 7 Pesos
TOTAL = 30 – 43 Pesos
Taxi = 500 Pesos or more
Budget Commute Savings = 457 – 470 Pesos ($10 USD) or more